Thursday, March 1, 2007

Learning is so much fun

The whole open source movement has been intriguing me since about 1997. I had a linux PC in my house that I used to browse the web, firewall my Cable modem, and perform NAT (before the days of a Linksys Router in every home), but thats as far as it went. It was for curiosity, not for anything mission critical.

A few years ago I saw the light that many OSS solutions were a true business grade solution and not just for hobbyists. I might have been late to the party, but I'm here now.

Anyway, as a newbie it is frustrating to struggle through things and figure them out. So, as a way of giving back (and so I don't forget my own solutions) I decided to throw up this blog. Who knows, maybe I'll put up two things and that will be it or maybe it will continue to grow. Either way it should serve some purpose.

Please feel free to leave comments and send questions. If I've done something that isn't the optimal way, I'd love the feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment